Ssshh..

10:00 PM

            When you ask people if they want to live quietly, there’s a 99% chance that they’d say yes. Well who wouldn't want to live a quiet life, right? But if you take it literally..
Do you really want this? Think about it.

Be careful what you wish for.           

              Honestly, one of the biggest fears I have in my life is that if someday I lose my sense of hearing. I sometimes imagine how I would live being deaf and I just couldn’t… My ears have always meant so much to me; hearing is life, and specifically, music is such a big part of my life already that I think I won’t be able to live without it. *sniff* Just the idea of it kills me. Spaghetti without the sauce, burger without patty, girls without hair (wha?), guitar without strings, car without wheels, pizza without toppings, a fan without the blade, and coke without ice (ack! What a pain!)! How many more short but sad stories do I need to type here just for you to get my point? Life would be freaking dry & boring without sound. 

"Sometimes, you need a little peace and quiet to stay sane. But it turns out too much quiet can drive you crazy- or at least make you hallucinate." (news.discovery.com)


Maybe some people would be happy not to hear the horrible singing of their neighbors in the karaoke, the deafening roar of the tricycle engines early in the morning, the endless nagging of their wife, the snoring of their husband, or the scratching of metal spoons that would make you grit your teeth >.< I’d definitely be the first one happy not to hear the last one I mentioned. But imagine not being able to hear the sound of rushing waves at the beach, chirping birds in the morning, the laughter of your friends, the rain tapping on the roof, or the “I love you,” from someone you love too. Chaos, I tell you. The world would go crazy if that happens. Mayhem. I guess silence is a lot different than peace.


Sa sobrang tahimik, nakakabingi.

(on Living Quietly: What Would Happen to the World If There Was No Sound?)
photos from Google

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images