1 : 1000

2:30 PM

            Have you ever thought, “Why paint the words? They’re never painted, right? Hmm, yes, they could be spelled, spoken, written, and typed, but..painted? Really? Nu-uh.” Well, to paint means to apply color and I realized that it’s true. Our words bring so much color and meaning to a picture, and it makes it even more aliveJust one of it can tell a story as effectively as a thousand words.
I saw this photo online a few days ago and I just had to include this in my blog because..I've got a thing for seeing "manly men" with adorable dogs T^T so heart warming huhu (photo from Tumblr)
            A picture contains a thousand words just as a word can be made into thousands of pictures. That’s because they are both essential to each other. Pictures depict certain symbols or images; they are visual, and every one of it has tons of words to describe it depending on the person looking.

There's a story behind every picture.

            A month ago, I got to be part of Voyage, the student publication of LPU-L, as a trainee photojournalist. One part of my job is to put captions in the photos I take before I submit them. At first I thought, “Hey, it would be as easy as pie. It’s just a caption, no big deal. I’ll just describe what’s in the photo.” Then I attended a couple of workshops and I finally got to the real work. Boy, did I take back everything I said about making captions. I admitted that it was not the way I thought it would be and it was actually hard since the captions have to be short but creative. They have to be catchy so you have to carefully choose the words you’ll use. The words, of course, should be connected to the photo so that the people who will see it will clearly get your point. I know I have much to learn in making captions because most of the time, I suck at it hehe.

Taken on my 18th birthday (9/18/14). So freaking happy & thankful! This says it all.
© MACVelez ^^

            I got a peek of the importance of words to pictures and it really does its job to “paint” or to bring color to the pictures :) It amazes me how a single picture gives everyone the freedom to have their own interpretations.


(on A Picture Paints A Thousand Words)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images